Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer time

Munchies galore
at Shlomi's stall
Last Sunday there was a massive manhunt in northern Tel Aviv. No one knows why ... the police did not give a reason. Roads were closed, trains were stopped and searched, police armed to the teeth searching every road and alley. http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/in-israel/local/northern-tel-aviv-police-searching-for-suspicious-man-22818  Now reports say that it was a suspected Palestinian terrorist. No surprise.

And a stranger than fact story ... a dangerous biker who ran redlights chopped off his fingertips so he could not be finger-printed. That didn't stop the police from identifying him. http://www.timesofisrael.com/driver-slices-off-his-fingertips-to-avoid-being-idd/

And now there's a report that ... well just read it for yourself. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.735486

Summer fruit in abundance ... sold by
Shlomi
What a summer this is turning out to be. But like I mentioned in earlier blogs, all the tension is hidden under a veneer of normality ... in fact, summer fun. Well I guess that's what everybody wants ... a normal summer. A summer when kids can have fun, parents can take a day off, families can go on holidays (within the country) ... and sometimes this comes best when you stick your head in the sand to block out the negative news. It's called self-survival.

Health update. My left ankle is still very painful when I walk. I don't think there's much I can do about it now. The wrist is much better but I cannot carry heavy loads. The past several days I've been feeling very faint ... I guess it's because I've not eaten. I have no appetite but I can feel weakness as a result and know that I need to eat. But when I do, I start throwing up or lose interest in eating all together. All the lovely munchies and fruit cocktail that my friend Shlomi sells in his stall in Jaffa can't entice me to eat a mouthful.