Wednesday, September 9, 2015

More sandstorm

Sandstorm: better today
The sandstorm continues today ... though much less intensive than yesterday. Visibility has improved but the govt is still warning everyone to stay indoors. Several hundred cases have made it to emergency rooms yesterday ... I thought I would have to go too ... except that I couldn't possibly even step out of the house let alone travel to hospital. The sand was just too much. I had asthma attacks all day and night. I was thinking what an inglorious way to die ... choked to death by a sandstorm. Laughable.

Only in Israel
There had been several violent attacks yesterday in the northern parts of the country, Strange because the sandstorm should have kept everyone indoors. The govt has vowed to increase military presence in the highways where most of the problems occurred: arabs throwing stones at passing cars. As the Jewish New Year is in 4 days time, and no work is allowed for 2 days (Sunday and Monday being the 1st and 2nd days of the New Year), the govt fears arab attacks might increase.

My nosebleed stopped last night as the sandstorm reduced in intensity. But I was still breathless today. Went to work but couldn't stay for long so went home at noon to rest. Rest? fat hopes. Phone ringing, people coming to ask for this and that. I feel like Charlie Brown moaning "Good Grief! Why me?" Maybe it's better to die ingloriously ... choking on sand. At least I get to rest in peace thereafter.