Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring is back

The weather has kindly warmed up again although the winds are still cold. The welcome warmth saw lots of people sitting out in the parks, picnicking or playing ball or just enjoying the sun.
Beautiful wild flowers
at this time of the year

But despite the warmth, my asthma is no better. Last night I ate a red apple because I was hungry (I usually don't eat dinner) but immediately I developed an allergic reaction. It must have been some chemicals in the peel of the apple ... because I had difficulty in breathing but no itches in the hands and face. It's a chemical allergy and not a food allergy. Awful ... now I really don't know what else I can eat. Living life with constant fear of eating food ... sounds like bulimia or anorexia. Little difference.

This morning was the usual exchange of Easter greetings among the heads of christian communities. They gathered at the Greek Orthodox Patriarch's palace for this but were surprised when the President of Israel also showed up. He had come with little announcement in order not to attract attention. Walking down the Old City roads can be a danger for important political figures. Anyway he expressed the State's well wishes to the christian community. It was a nice and rare gesture.

Thanks to RISE, the Caveros, the Siu family, Pauline, Irene Teoh and family, Paulette and family, Ines Nuria and Edward for their kind gifts. Received everything. Also Maria and Mavien for the pineapple tarts ... everything wiped clean!!!!