Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Remembrance Day

It's market day as usual in
East Jerusalem
It's Yom HaZikaron or Remembrance Day. A sad day for many Jewish families who lost a loved one in war or conflict here in this land. But in this country, every event has it's other side ... in this case it's the arab families who also lost there loved ones in the same conflicts. They don't have a day to remember their fallen and a sense of bitterness pervades the atmosphere during this period of time. Life was as usual in the arab side of Jerusalem. Nevertheless the national siren sounded at 11am ... and the jewish part of the nation stood still for 2 minutes. On a controversial note, the Israeli govt decided also to commemorate the arab boy who was burnt alive by jewish youths last year during today's Remembrance Day. I know of many jewish people who didn't agree with that move.

And talking about losing lives in war, yesterday's news that ISIS executed 30 ethiopian christians in Libya has shocked us all. The massacre and persecution of christians is getting worse and the world remains quiet. The world has lost its conscience, it has lost its soul. Worse still - for us here in Israel, we just learned that 3 of these christians were deported by Israel back to their country for illegal migration when they were kidnapped by ISIS and executed. Israel should have pity on these people and grant them refugee status instead of forcefully repatriating them ... leading them to death.

Pyralvex
Can anyone help me buy Pyralvex? It's a liquid medicine for mouth ulcers. I can't get it here in Israel. It's mainly salycilic acid (willow extract) and rhubarb extract  ... terribly bitter but excellent in doing the job. Just 24 hours is enough to heal the ulcer ... at least for me and those whom I share it with here in the house. Strange but it's not on sale here in Israel. Would really appreciate your help with this. The bottle that I'm using expired in 2009 but it still works.

Healthwise my asthma has reduced quite alot after I changed medicine. The plantar fasciitis on the left foot is very painful though and makes walking the first steps almost impossible. I've also been feeling very dizzy and the diarrhea is dreadful ... not sure if it's a side-effect from the new medicine. But I'm hanging on as people around are not willing to let me die.