Sunday, April 26, 2015

Senseless violence

And even more violence as yesterday night ended with a car ramming into a crowd, injuring 3 people. When the Mayor of Jerusalem came to survey the scene, his car was stoned. Meantime a video is going viral here of a teen throwing a blind puppy over a high wall while his friends laugh ... utterly horrific, it makes you sick. But it follows that if people can be so violent with animals, sooner or later they would treat humans the same way. Watch the video but be warned ...   http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.653502?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook
White sweet pea flowers

And the violence is not just between the two races. Just today alone, 2 mafia attacks were perpetrated on trival gangs: an explosion in an apartment in Tel Aviv, and a shooting of a car in Eilat wounding 3 children. Like I said earlier, there's something evil in the air. Everything seems so strangely unlike this period of the year as in previous years. And of course the weather is the most notable. Yesterday it was down to 5 degrees ... today it was suddenly up to 30 degrees. It's all too weird and inexplicable.

I guess news like this gets me down ... physically and psychologically. My asthma is so bad today I couldn't even walk. No inhaler can help. But I don't want to go to hospital because it will be the same prednesone and other steroid medication that makes me feel even more sick. I've switched my daily medication and for a while it worked ... but not now. And I've a splitting headache as well ... due to the lack of oxygen, of the heat and the phone calls that keep interrupting my sleep.
Herbal soup and dumplings

Some good news though to brighten an otherwise negative day. 3 baby canaries hatched this morning. My first sweet pea flowers blossomed among the red rambling roses. And yesterday evening, tired out by the asthma and dreadfully hungry, I went to Mandarin's. Ah Ling had chives dumplings steamed for me, and she also boiled some herbal soup. It was good to eat something hot, it relieved the pain in the chest.