Monday, April 13, 2015

Divine Mercy Sunday

Thunder, lightening and rain yesterday evening. And the temp. was a miserable 10 degrees at 7pm. Everyone is hoping it'll all go away tomorrow. Though we really need the rain, we're also tired of the sudden fluctuation of temperatures and rain. Many people are sick.

Sr. Vincenta and Sr. Lucia preparing
dinner after their celebration
Yesterday was Divine Mercy Sunday and our sisters celebrated their feastday in a big way ... solemn Mass by the auxiliary Bishop Shomali at the Patriarchal co-cathedral. It's their feastday as they belong to the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy or commonly known as the Faustina nuns ... I call them penguins. The heavy rain hindered many people from joining in but there still was a crowd for Adoration, then Mass. Confessions were heard throughout the afternoon in several languages.

I didn't go though. I spent the afternoon clearing the huge pool of rain water that has become a pool in the sisters' courtyard because of a clogged drain. Half an hour in the rain ... but I managed to sweep the water down to another drain. However another shower later that evening flooded the courtyard again.

I cooked these
The previous day I spend the morning cooking. It's been a long time since I cooked. There was fried rice, pak choy, shrimps with broccoli and spicey chicken. It wasn't so much for me ... I share it with other chinese students in the City here. Haven't lost my cooking skills. And I must say the food tasted good. So far no one suffered from food poisoning ... hahahahahahaha.