Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rain again

Mt. of Olives in the snow last week
The day started out nice and shining ... then later in the afternoon rain fell and temperatures dropped as forecast. Now it's 6 degrees and falling. Tonight will be zero degrees or below.

My slipped disc was painful yesterday afternoon but by 6pm it was so bad I couldn't walk. Was motionless in bed in absolute pain ... couldn't even turn ... and I couldn't reach for the phone. Well I was awake in pain till 2am when I couldn't take it anymore. Decided to solve it myself ... stretched my back, legs ... twisted and pushed my spine until 3 cracks ... and the disc more or less fell back into place. The pain instantly stopped and I could sit up and walk. Only coughing and sneezing made the spot painful. And the back muscles were still sore. This morning I could still walk and in the afternoon I had an appointment with my physiotherapist. Told him I could cure my self so I didn't need him ... he wasn't amused. hahahahahahaha. Anyway we did a 2 hour session and the muscles were much less sore and coughing and sneezing was more tolerable. But there's always the danger that the disc will pop out again so I must be very careful in all my movements.

Now I'll need to rest tonight ... no work or class. Hopefully I'll heal.