![]() |
| Even russian tourists are wrapped up from the cold today |
Panic buying has spread throughout the City. Supermarkets and shops have been depleted of stock and have difficulty in restocking essential goods. Everyone is afraid after last year's experience when 3 days of heavy snow cut off electricity for a week and roads were blocked. Govt has warned people to keep their phones fully charged because once electricity is lost, it'll not be possible to charge the phones to call for help.
So much panic. I'm charging my phones and keeping them on standby. Lost my internet connection this afternoon ... and we'll probably lose all connection when the snow piles up, and electric lines are cut. Everyone is looking forward to the snow ... no work, no school. But I'm dreading it. I don't want to shovel snow from the roof for the next week.
![]() |
| Cold empty street this evening |
Healthwise I think it's not just a pulled muscle in my back ... it feels like a disc is either ruptured or slightly slipped because coughing and sneezing causes sharp pains. I can only hobble. And with the snow coming, I dread falling or slipping ... much more than anyone else. The streets are deadly quiet as people stay warm at home and avoid trouble in the streets. They're not going out and neither am I. Time to hibernate.

