Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Another cold front coming up

Awesome fiery sky at dusk
The past few days was bad because the slipped disc hurts very much. Monday evening my physiotherapist came and after a 2 hour treatment, it felt better and I could walk without pain. But today the pain is back again ... tomorrow I'll go for another session of physio.

But forecast for tomorrow is rain and very cold weather. It'll be colder than last week. Now last week went down to 4 below zero ... if it'll get even lower, I won't be prepared as my 2 small "hot air fans" weren't enough. Hibernation is the answer. Hope the cold won't worsen my asthma and trigger another bronchitis attack.

Mind you, I've worked as usual. No let up as the workload is accumulating. I should really take a rest but as it's end of the semester, things need to be rounded up and reports written and stock taken. Maybe hiring 2 secretaries would be the solution. And 10 manual workers to carry the tonnes of stuff from one place to another.

Penguins in the Jericho crowd
Well the pilgrimage to Jericho last Sunday to celebrate the Baptism of Christ was fun ... or so they say ... despite the cold and wet weather. They had to trudge in the mud to get to the River Jordan. But everyone enjoyed themselves. I was of course at home as I can't walk all that distance with my slipped disc. Smart choice for me.