Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Very cold snap

Temperatures dropped to 2 degrees last night. But it felt even lower. The wind was bitterly cold and the drizzle has stopped. Even with the sun shining, there was no escaping the piercing cold that cuts into the bones.

Some of great guys
There was still work to do though. No escaping that as well. After a tiring day of work till 4pm, I decided to take some fresh air by chatting with my Israeli friends at the door. Today's team was great - all my good friends who are very supportive. It was a good break to regain some commonsense and perspective in an otherwise wearisome and dreadful day. And anyone who thinks they can bully me ... watch out. These guys are ready to kick some ass.

My arab friends were all arrested by police last night. Don't know what trouble they got into. I don't even want to know.

Healthwise I've got 3 more days of weaning off Pred. I'm down to 10mg today. So far so good ... the depression has kicked in, anxiety attacks and general nervousness ... that's the good part. I expected it so I'm ready for it. The fingers are swollen and the diarrhea is still severe. But all was expected. Let's hope it's smoothly running its course.