Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1st

How quickly time flies. January is gone. Everyone is remarking about it.

There was lightening and thunder this morning, and the dark rain clouds continued to envelope the city the whole day. It rained and rained. In fact the papers say this is the wettest January on record.  http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/january-rainfall-breaks-all-time-israeli-record-with-29-wet-days-1.410386   Which is good ... if you're staying home studying. I had to stay home because the diarrhea and cramps have not abated. Its quite a trial. Ate a little white cheese and wheat biscuits for lunch. And the elbow tendonitis really acted up today as well. Thought I got it back into place but somehow today it must have recurred. Yes, everyone is blaming the weather for the bouts of ill health everyone else is suffering ... but I'm not convinced.

Unnamed streets in Jaffa can now be named after arabs. This is interesting. No doubt it's going to cause a stir in certain circles. http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/tel-aviv-votes-to-name-jaffa-streets-after-arabs-1.410296  

Nothing remarkable today ... the usual work, study, read routine. Let's see what Feb. 2nd brings.