| This morning at Safra Square |
And Friday 3rd saw a series of amazing events in the arab villages: What a nightmare for the poor Israeli soldier who was left behind in an arab village after a night raid. The real heroes are the two arab village elders who acted honorably by saving his life and escorting him to the security wall back to his platoon. That was how the two men who had their village raided acted to their enemy who raided them. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/idf-suspends-officer-after-soldier-left-behind-in-west-bank-1.410938 But of course you'll never find any news report thanking them let alone praising them. Meantime a french activist was wounded by Israeli soldiers during a West Bank demonstration in an arab village. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-french-woman-wounded-by-idf-gas-grenade-in-west-bank-demonstration-1.410945 And an entire arab village has gone on hunger strike to raise world awareness of their plight being surrounded by Jewish settlements. http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/week-s-end/twilight-zone-this-is-no-life-1.410809
I have this urge to visit Samaria again ... it's been a long time since I was there - partly due to the blockade and security wall. Jacob's well, Tomb of John the Baptist, ancient Shechem .... perhaps I might just do that one of these days.