Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bad day

Feb. 2nd started off badly. The first news I received was the death of Theresa Lau. She was our collaborator ad good friend, working in our Bible Centre office and escorting pilgrim groups to the Holyland till sickness rendered this impossible. She returned to Australia to be with her family and for cure and recuperation. Only a fews weeks back her father died. Do say a prayer for Theresa. I'm sure she's in heaven. R.I.P.

The whole night I had terrible pain in my left thumb. Couldn't even sleep. It was dreadfully swollen and stiff. Arthritis. Don't know how it came about though I do have arthritis in my other fingers, but these didn't swell up last night. Will have to check what went wrong.

An israeli friend invited me to his house yesterday evening. Had a nice chat, tea with hyssop leaves and tried my first nargile. That's the arabic water pipe. Not bad. Most people here can't believe that after 20 years here, I never tried a nargile. Well it's true. And it wasn't as bad as I thought. nice apple flavour.

The weather switched back to sunny and bright with temp. of 16 degrees. But by evening a freezing wind blew back and the skies got dark again. Had to boil water and put the hot water bottle back in the canary cage.

Well I'm glad today is passing off. We'll remember Theresa in our prayers.