A cold day with cloudy skies and chilly winds. Tourists are noticeable lesser these days. But after a month when Easter comes round, the groups will be back. In the meantime Purim will be celebrated on March 8th. Already shops everywhere are selling wigs, costumes, sweets and everything fun. At least that'll provide a little warmth in this chilly weather we're having.
 |
| The catch |
One item of interest today was the catch of a 10-foot blue shark in Akko (Acre). Apparently more sharks are frequenting the shores of Israel because of the heat from seaside electrical plants are drawing in swarms of smaller fish - food for the sharks. Many fisherman along the coast have noticed the presence of sharks ... much more than previous times ... but there're no maneaters among them. Lucky for the swimmers as the summer creeps in. Heard from my community by the sea that today there were already swimmers at the beach. Had a good laugh with them as we recalled the funny scenes last summer by the beach. Well ... it'll be nice when summer comes again.
Haven't eaten in 2 and a half days due to a severe attack of diarrhea. But having to run around the past 3 days for work, I almost fainted this afternoon. Just too weak. Luckily I had some white rice and a piece of fish later in the afternoon. I realised that to have rice cooked in plain water, I either have to do it myself (which is difficult) or I have to go to the Chinese/Japanese restaurant to buy a bowl of it (US$2). So consider how lucky you are! Penance for me this Lent is to eat more - since I'm practically fasting the whole year. I guess I must have lost another couple of inches round the waist because my jeans nearly fell off this afternoon - hahahaha. It was a Castro brand with 28" waist ... so I guess I'm thinner than 28" now. Time to buy a belt - its cheaper than buying another pair of jeans.