Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tired and cold

What a terribly cold day!!! I'm practically freezing in my room despite the "hot-air fan" being turned on the whole day. It's so cold, Majd the eldest son of our doorman was all wrapped up as you can see from the photo. The thermometer reads 15 degrees but it feels like zero. Let's hope it rains tomorrow as forecast ... it's less cold when it rains. The tortoises are all hibernating and two canaries have died from the cold so far.

Anyway yesterday was warmer and I managed to do some gardening as the sun was really strong. Planted bulbs in several pots, swept the terrace (messed up by cat poo ... hate those mangy strays that dig up my flower pots and poo all over) and repotted plants damaged  by the cats. Too bad the cats don't die from the cold. In a couple of months you'll see lovely anemones and freesias .... if those damn cats don't destroy them first.

I managed to avoid food yesterday and it felt so good ... no cramps and diarrhea. But felt terribly weak though. Today I managed the same thing except that by evening I was very hungry and weak ... so Sr. Vincenta gave me 2 onions, a potato and a fennel bulb (all boiled) to eat. Actually they're leftovers from dinner. Well I've been working alot this week though, so that accounts for my weakness when I don't eat. Every morning Benoit and I move hundreds of periodicals from the 3rd floor library down to the 1st floor. 4 hours each day. Tiring work. Then there are classes in the afternoon ... in between whatever free time, I had to do the laundry - washing and hanging it on the terrace. It was non-stop work. So I'm terribly exhausted.