Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Misery

Yesterday evening was a veritable nightmare. The stomach cramps and diarrhea became so bad. I was aching throughout the night and hardly slept ... partly also because of the cold. I had only eaten some wheat biscuits but even that caused alot of pain. Today I decided not to eat anything ... nearly fainted at 5pm. Was so weak and trembling and my legs nearly gave way ... so ate some more wheat biscuits. Now am resting in bed.

I think I'll go see the doc tomorrow. But if it rains, then I'll have to rethink that. I don't want to slip on the road and break a leg. What a misery!

This morning, on an empty stomach, I worked 3 hours moving the books from the 3rd floor to the 1st floor. Benoit didn't come to work today as well so I did it alone. Did quite a lot actually. Only 5 more shelves and the entire section is done. But that drained alot of my energy I guess.

Here is Mr. Fish who is doing fine despite the cold. He has a heater in his tank! He's my only companion these days as I rest in bed.

Bad news continue to pile up .... Ethiopic Jews crying discrimination by Israel  http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-police-open-probe-into-alleged-racism-against-ethiopian-immigrants-1.406746   Saudi hacker into Israeli credit card info suffers a tit-for-tat hack by Israeli hacker  http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=253181   Israeli jews can't make the annual pilgrimage to a reknown rabbi's grave in Egypt   http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/egypt-tells-israel-pilgrimage-to-tomb-of-jewish-holy-man-impossible-this-year-1.406709   A Japanese doctoral student of Hebrew Uni. has his visa application denied for fear he will "settle down" in Israel http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-to-deport-japanese-researcher-over-fear-he-will-settle-down-after-studies-1.406752   And now Haagen-Dazs ice-cream is declared non-kosher ... so we can't buy them anymore.  http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=253069