Monday, January 2, 2012

Rainy day

The 2nd day of the year was pretty uneventful. It rained the whole night and drizzled the whole day. Very gloomy skies and very very cold. But  that's what winter is all about, isn't it? That's normal. Too bad Japan had another 7 point earthquake on New Year's Day. That's abnormal.

Here's a pic of a shepherd and his flock taken while I was on my way to see the physiotherapist in Jericho. I thought it was a very nice image to remember the New Year - Christ the Good Shepherd leading us into another year. It may turn out dry and wild, but as long as the Shepherd is with us, we're safe. Just follow him!!

Well, not everything was uneventful after all ... Val called me at 1pm to say he's at Thai House in Tel Aviv having lunch!!! WHAT??? And he didn't invite me??? I got him to take-away Phad Si-Yiu (aka Char Kuey teow) for me ... now I'm waiting for his call to say he's back in Jerusalem so I can pick it up! I was planning to go to Tel Aviv today too except that the rain and cold put me off. Spent the morning helping Benoit our library assistant transfer our periodical section down to the new part of the library. Then the afternoon was spent reading up on my research.

So how did the New year start? Well, for one the "Orang Minyak" is still running loose and terrorising people in Malaysia.  http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/ANN/Story/STIStory_750811.html
  Then if you have tonnes of money to splash - do a traditional Zhou dynasty wedding.   http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/ANN/Story/STIStory_751039.html    And scientists have discovered a brainless, faceless fish species ... I know lots of humans who are like that.  http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/ANN/Story/STIStory_750807.html  And there's nothing like a good curse to start the New Year   http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Asia/Story/STIStory_751049.html