Today the Greek Orthodox celebrate the end of the Feast of the Assumption. The procession bearing the silver icon of the sleeping Virgin "Dormition" started from the Tomb of the Virgin up to the Holy Sepulchre. There was a small crowd following - all old people. And it passed right past our doors.
Great excitement in the Jordan River as a cage of crocodiles escape and are loose in the holy river. Don't think of even trying to get "baptised" in the water!! Tourists watch out!!! http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/crocodiles-great-escape-from-farm-provides-sleepy-jordan-valley-with-some-real-excitement-1.382549
Tit for tat destruction: Israeli govt. destroys illegal Jewish settlement, settlers burn mosque in nearby village. When will it all end? It's these little things that ignite ferocious wars. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/settlers-set-fire-to-west-bank-mosque-after-israel-demolishes-illegal-structures-in-migron-1.382617
And the Tent cities throughout the country are voluntarily being taken down as protesters change tactics. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-s-social-activists-begin-taking-down-tents-day-after-largest-ever-protest-1.382493
So much going on ... it leaves you breathless in this country. And the weather is absolutely charming. Only thing that spoiled my day yesterday was I overdosed on a new version of medicine. I usually have to take one or two in the morning but not having read the instructions on the new box, I took two and then got tremors, cold-sweat, difficulty in breathing, nausea, giddiness. Finally vomited last night and felt better. The new version is alot more potent than the old version - which I didn't know. Anyway I survived the overdosed. Frightened the people around me ... they kept checking my room every hour to see if I was dead. They probably thought they'd have a double funeral - me and Fr. Samir. Well I made it to today. Samir will have to wait for me.