Today it is in Russia that a church has been burnt down. http://www.straitstimes.com:80/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIStory_620145.html In Iraq a Christian woman was shot dead in her sleep. Meanwhile Egypt's christians are on the alert as Orthodox Christmas begins. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12107084
Catholics in Egypt also celebrate Christmas according to the Orthodox calendar. I just spoke with Fr Vincenzo in Musky who told me they have police at their church door, and barriers set up around the church so cars cannot park beside it. Anyway I'm very worried for him and his community. Told him to celebrate Midnight Mass quickly and get everyone home without risking people's lives - especially the children. But even as we spoke, he said he had to go downstairs to check the metal chains around the main door. Before leaving, he said something about imitating Jesus in judgement before Pilate, to remain silent in adversity until the right moment to answer. I disagreed with him about the silence but he had already left for downstairs. Let's pray and hope that no one gets hurt this Christmas in Egypt.