Friday, December 11, 2009

Living Temples

Wow ... so the big news is Sinead found my blog! Like .... she said "I can actually hear your voice! It's so you! You write what you think!". Now I'm trying to see if that was a compliment or not. Sinead just got back from Ireland where her brother got married.

The opposition to the freeze in settlement building is gaining momentum. Thousands converged at the PM's house 2 days back. Now settlers destroy a muslim mosque. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1134455.html

And here is a WOW frank admission of how religiously directed Israel society is - even if it claims to be secular; Judaism is behind everything here. http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1134047.html

Tonight Hanukkah begins. It's the commemoration of the rededication of the Temple after its desecration by Syrian emperor Antiochus Epiphanes. Jews will light candles for 8 nights and eat jelly doughnuts. I like that part! Anyway this feast should trigger Christians to consider rededicating (consecrating) themselves to God. After all, we are the living temples of the holy Spirit.

By the way, I hope you guys are watching Fr Praveen sharing his reflections for Advent. Watch http://elwebcast.blogspot.com Spend 2 minutes a day for your spiritual life ... come on .... do something for your soul this Advent!