Cold night we had. I had to turn on my "hot air fan" .... but it wasn't working well. Sparks fly every few minutes and it turns off. I guess I should buy another one. Today was pretty cool too. Already people outside were wearing woolen pullovers. And the slight drizzle at 4pm made it feel even colder. Well .... that's winter. Forecast is heavy rain in Jerusalem tomorrow .... we hope.
Jerusalem might not have rained today but the rest of the country is. Lots and lots and lots. After 10 years of drought, the drains have not be used and have been stuck with 10 years of leaves, sand, and other garbage. And now with the heavy rains in the rest of the country (meaning it's not raining in Jerusalem) the drains have jammed and the country is flooded! Two men died in a mudslide, traffic held up, train system stopped .... all because it rained!
We celebrated All Saints' Day with lightheartedness. The bells at the Holy Sepulchre was ringing very loudly; same with the Lutheran Church bells.
Tomorrow is All Souls Day. I shall celebrate Mass for all relatives, friends and benefactors who have passed on into the Kingdom. It will be a thanksgiving for the gift of life; and I have not forgotten you all.