Yesterday I went to the Missionaries of Charity as usual to sing for my supper. They cook very good fish and yesterday there was a nice bun to go with it as well. I really appreciate it because I've been losing my appetite for the past few days - practically eating only one meal.
2 of their sisters came out of Gaza because their visa ran out. They spoke of the horror inside Gaza - the lack of food and water, heating and gas; sick and dead, and bombs everywhere. But they're still willing to go back and be with the people, sacrificing their lives if necessary. They are the true heroes.
Today I went to Terra Santa College as usual. My asthma is quite bad and didn't think I'd be able to walk to 2km uphill. Luckily I managed to get a ride there. Last week I took the taxi and the driver wanted 35 shekels. It only cost 15 shekels. It was good to be there because I finally met Thiago again. He looked good, but was thin. We had lots to catch up, and laughed alot. We even managed to skype his fiancee Edilaine (finally I know how to spell the name). Anyway Fr Arlon insisted I go to hospital for my checkup and was arranging several possible means of transport - getting to Nazareth 200km away is always a bother.
Soldiers are still everywhere in the streets; the tension is alittle higher has the death toll in Gaza reaches beyond 900. It is bad.