It drizzled all yesterday evening and night, so the temperature has dropped. However with this great community that I live with, its always warm. We joke around, chat and help each other in studies. It's a good atmosphere.
My asthma is not letting up, while the fatigue is slowly wearing off. Still I need to rest more than usual. I've resorted to good old fashion techniques to stay warm in the night - the hot water bottle! Tucked under my blanket, I get to stay warm throughout the night and into the morning. However for the past 2 weeks the light in my toilet is playing up and I've been burning a candle in there each morning so get a little light in order to wash my face or shave or bathe. Like the story about my bed, it's always tomorrow they'll come to repair, and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow never ever comes. I'm buying lots of candles because I think I'll have to use them for the rest of the year. So much for hope.
Just when we all think the war is ending in Gaza, some guys in Lebanon fired some rockets into northern Israel. The Lebanese say it's some unknown group and don't know if its a one off thing. We'll see for the next 24 hours what'll develope before we can be sure.
Yesterday the Orthodox Church celebrated Christmas while we celebrated Epiphany. However the usual pomp and festivities of the processions were absent because of the "war" - if you can read between the lines. http://www.custodia.org/spip.php?article4673&lang=en