Friday, January 9, 2026

Tempest

Stormy sky this morning
The awaited tempest struck us at noontime today. It was very heavy ... you could hear the raindrops slapping the stone pavements loudly even when indoors. And there's plenty of thunder and lightening, And the wind is very strong. And this will last for another 3 days. Well our lakes and streams are full. No fear of drought this year. But for the poor people living in the lowlands and have no electricity, the flooding and cold is brutal. I remember several years back when a young couple drowned when they ere stuck in a lift on the ground floor that became flooded. A blessing for some is a curse for others.

Boiling fruit tea
The cold weather - 8 degrees now - is making most of us sick. Many of us are coughing with lots of phlegm. So every night I boil some red dates, goji, Chinese sand pear and ginger. Three of us drink it and it does clear up the phlegm completely. Thanks to Linda of Mian restaurant who gave me all these ingredients. Tonight the tea will be very useful and welcoming as the temp. will drop to 6 degrees.

I've been getting cramps in my hands and arms if I'm using them strenuously.  Last night was quite bad when I was cutting ginger for the tea. The left hand just cramped and I couldn't open it again. And my chest continues to be painful. And I'm nauseous and with bad diarrhoea for all this week. The new medicine is really reacting badly with me.