 |
Sunny day at Damascus Gate |
15 degrees today ..... hot!!! It's possible to wear T-shirts today as it feels like the beginning of summer. But don't be fooled. Early next week temp. will fall again to 8 degrees with rain. Right now many people are sick ... sniffling and coughing. It's probably a bug that's spreading in this quick change of weather. I had my flu shot so I'm protected. I had gone for my monthly blood test and the doc said I must get a flu shot as my immunity is weak. It was unplanned. But I'm glad the doc ordered the vaccination. I feel safer and I haven't had a cough or sniffle so far this winter.
It's Friday and and big crowds of muslims are entering the Old City to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque. However police presence is stepped up. There are road blocks and police do stop-and-search randomly at youths. It's all a bit tense and unnerving to be in the streets now. There were fighter jets flying overhead a while ago.
 |
| Sunny sky |
Meantime I'm still struggling with the effects of Jardiance. Severe vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. The pills the doc prescribed are not working to stop the diarrhea and vomiting. I stay mostly in my room now because of this situation. I'm too weak to go out and walk ... just short strides on the terrace to catch the sun is enough.