 |
| Eli holding up a scroll |
My deteriorating breathing problem is becoming critical as I'm getting blackouts ... and I finally found out why. One of my medicines for my lungs ran out but I didn't realise it. I usually take it first thing in the morning in the dark so I cannot see how many dosages there are left. Turns it had been zero for some time. So I'm off to the pharmacy today to get a new one. It's expensive, US$100 for one.
Despite my situation, I managed to organise another Sunday morning conference with the local religious. I had Eli the scribe come back to demonstrate how a scroll is written. It was a fun and informative morning that ended with Mass. It's a pity that many religious stay here for decades and still know nothing about the locals and their traditions. And the locals don't know us too. I organise such talks so that both sides can encounter each other, learn more about each other and dialogue.
 |
| Conference |
It also happened to be my feast day - St. Leo the Great - so 2 groups of nuns baked 2 cakes for me ... both with apples. My favorite kind of cake. Everyone had a piece during the break, and Eli then continued with his talk. Let's hope this builds mutual understanding and avoid the tragedies that we're facing now.