Monday, November 18, 2024

Drizzle

New Shoes!!
A week has passed so quickly since my last blog. Can't believe it. I've been very busy meeting a dateline on a paper and there were lots of classes as well ... 5 days a week. Hardly any time for personal work. I did buy a new pair of walking shoes ... thanks to a sponsor. The ground is very slippery with dew every morning, and everyone struggles to walk up or down the road linking Damascus Gate to New Gate. Lots of people have fallen. I did ... 3 times last week. So my new shoes with good grip should lessen the risk. It's never 100% risk-less because the trees are losing their leaves and clumps of wet leaves on the slippery stone pavement just makes walking a lot harder. I still have to hold on to the railings while walking.

Full moon
This morning it started drizzling. Forecasts is for rain but here up in the mountains, it'll only drizzle. And it's cold ... 11 degrees every night. Hoodies and thick jackets are worn outdoors. And good slip-resistant shoes. The cold weather sets the tone for Christmas. Shops have already started selling Christmas decorations and gifts. But with the ongoing war, out celebration this year will be low-key. Everyone is asking if we'll be allowed to enter Bethlehem this year for midnight Mass or at least the Vigil Mass in Shepherds' Field. We're waiting for some instructions from the police. 

Meantime the full moon was out 2 days ago ... amazingly large. As the sky gets dark by 5pm, going home means I get to see the moon. It's a lovely sight ... but it reflects the loneliness that we all feel during this tragic time. T