Friday, September 1, 2023

Summer


Geez community after Mass
Every summer there's a shortage of priests here because most of them go on their vacations. The usual schedule for me is to help out in several migrant communities as well as some convents. That means I've to celebrate 4 Masses a day ... sometimes. Like last Saturday. The Geez Rite Church (Ethiopic or Eritrean depending on the area) community here is wonderful as I have to serve them for 2 months. Very dramatic traditional clothes and ancient hymns with exotic tunes. I always enjoy being with them. The only problem is it's 2km away uphill for me so I have to hire a taxi  if my swollen feet can't take me there.

I've been forgetting to take my medicines on time. That makes me dizzy and tired, no energy nor concentration to work. If my work day is fixed, then it's easier for me to remember to take my medicines. But if something happens and my schedule is rearranged, then I forget. I've been especially stressed these 2 weeks because the school year is beginning and many families are calling on me for help to pay for school fees, uniforms and books. Some are genuine cases but there are also some fakes who're out for a quick buck. Luckily I work closely with M. Teresa sisters, the Custody and the Patriarchate offices and we cross check every request with each other to verify that the cases are genuine and there are not duplications of aid given. Very efficient work here. 

By the way, yesterday there were 625 views on my blog ... again the suspicious rise in visits which mean some of my content isn't pleasing some people.