Thursday, September 7, 2023

Socks and foxes

Utter confusion these few days. I keep mixing up the days. Yesterday I thought was Thursday and got all my appointments wrong. Today I thought was Friday and got my work schedule wrong. Everyone here is telling me to go on a break, go to our house in Jaffa. But there is no room for me there. And here there's no one to celebrate Mass for the several sisters' convents. I'm practically alone saying two or more Masses a day. 

Fox at crossroads
And the heatwave is back. The temp this week is 36 - 40 degrees. It's also very humid. It's definitely not a good time to be sick. The zinnias are dying and it's time to pull them out. They were prolific in flowers this year. Now it's time to plant the bulbs and sow the Spring seeds. I just hope this winter we'll get lots of rain. Well it's been so hot, it must have caused a lack of food sources because several days back there was a fox running along the crossroads at Rockefeller Museum, trying to cross the road while a heavy traffic churned past. It was trying to get to the muslim cemetary across the road but didn't dare. It was a magnificent animal but very malnourished.

Thanks to everyone who gave me mulberries, Luo Han Guo and vitamins and medicine ... and socks. A perfect mind reader. I've been out of socks for several months now but every time I walk past the hawkers in the streets selling socks, I convince myself that it's not worth paying the money, and I can still wear torn socks because I wear shoes over them. Well almost. At M. Teresa's convent I have to remove my shoes and they see my toes sticking out of my socks and I get very embarrassed. Still daily I fight with myself whether to spend money buying socks. And then came a gift of 3 pairs!! Save me money and embarrassment.