Thursday, September 21, 2023

Back

Damp, humid skies
It's been some days since I updated the blog. Busy week and I'm trying to adapt my work schedule with my changing health situation. I reach a point where I just cannot continue and totally shut down. Things just have to wait. Well I'm back on the blog. My mind is still a little foggy. Been confusing the days.

The summer holidays are almost over. Many schools have already started but higher institutes and universities begin later in October. Some profs who return yesterday said I aged a lot during these past 3 months of summer. Well, I feel it too. 

We discussed the crazy weather in Europe and here. We had 2 extreme heatwaves and a rainstorm in August. That is totally beyond human memory. This week it's been very humid and damp. The ground is wet with heavy dew every morning and a chilly wind blows in the evenings. People are actually wearing hoodies and jackets. That's a sure sign winter is on its way. Nevertheless we're all wary for this coming winter now. Yesterday newspapers warn of heavy rains. I rather like that. And snow of course in January. It would be a nice break from the heatwaves we've had.

Police stop and search
arab youth
The jewish New Year has just passed and it'll be Yom Kippur next week 24th. Tensions are high. Police in the newspapers call on israelis to carry guns. More stop-and-search taking place in and around the Old City. I dread when our streets are closed off and curfews imposed, impeding our movement. It's quite unfair on us.

Anyway everyone is saying 2023 is almost over. Just 3 more months. Let's hope they pass without incident. We've had too much meteorological upheavel this year. We don't need other disturbances to upset our daily lives.