Monday, September 4, 2023

School starts

Veggies and fruit from friends
The weekend fluctuated from cool to hot. The humidity at night though is very high, and everything outdoors is covered by heavy dew. The air smells like after the heavy winter rains. Hopefully the autumn and winter will be wet and chilly. We need the rain.

During the weekend, some filipino friends in Tel Aviv brought some veggies over to me. They have a garden and they plant lots of asian veggies. There was 1 kg of kangkong, several brinjals and half a squash. I really appreciate that we I have to buy my own veggies, and things have become very expensive now. I need to eat more veggies to reduce my bp and other bad stuff. Now I need to find time to cook them.

School has started for many primary and secondary schools. Public buses are full of students, and parents are busy bringing their kids first time in school. Very soon the routine will start and everything will be like clockwork. I look back at the many first-day-in-school experiences the past half century ... once upon a time I was among them. Time flies.