Friday, May 5, 2023

Fox!

Fox in the park!!!
The strange wintery weather of last week has given way to regular summer heat this weekend. This morning I decided to do some gardening ... which technically I did but really I got help from the students. I can't carry sacks of earth or climb up and down the stairs so they had to do most of the work. Some of the students just needed to do some physical work, sweat it out instead of studying in the library all week. They liked it. And I got my job done in 2 hours. Nice morning sun at 9am. Good vitamin D.

In one of my morning walks to the Ivrea convent for Mass last week, I spotted a wild fox scavenging in Rockefeller Park. With my present health situation, I must stop 3 or 4 times in the 1km to rest; catch my breath and rest my swollen legs. Then I saw this rather huge animal sniffing around the olive trees and garbage cans. It started to run back into the neighbouring wasteland belonging to the Rockefeller museum. It was a nice surprise ... wildlife in the city.

Gangland violence continued the past few days. In fact several fatal attacks yesterday in different cities. The local mafias fight each other, and innocent bystanders get killed. Then there were the rockets fired into Israel from Gaza ... over 100. And Israel's retaliation by bombing military posts in gaza. Then Israel bombed the syrian airport in Aleppo. The brain just boggles and how quick things develope around here. Everything is linked to everything.