Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas

Christmas at the
Flagellation
It's Christmas Day and the weather is cold and rainy. Many people who went to midnight Mass in Bethlehem or Shepherds Field have either caught the cold or Covid. I must be so careful because of a couple of them from my house came home coughing non-stop. Expect a surge of infections next week.

The streets in the Christian areas are filled with festivities, since it coincides with the Jewish feast of Hanukkah. Police presence is almost at maximum but helps control the crowd situation. I guess that's good.

Yesterday on Christmas Eve I went to Shepherds Field to celebrate the Vigil Mass for the Chinese community that came from the furthest north and south of the country. Our 3 Indian sisters also came to join us. We had Mass in one of the grottos of Shepherds Field. I prayed for all of you and prayed for your intentions.

Wishing you all the best of God's blessings this Christmas!