 |
| Crowds enjoying the sun |
The past 2 days has seen violent clashes in various arab villages and enclaves. An arab teen was killed when demonstrating against the demolition of a terrorist's home. Several were also injured. Then there were the clashes at Sheikh Jarrah 1km north of the ld City where again jewish settlers and arab occupants clashed over property rights. In and around the Old City has seen a marked increase of police presence. It's tense. You can feel it in the air. And of course, the weather has warmed up ... from 13 to 18 degrees during the day, so people come out by the droves to enjoy the sun and inevitably lead to violence and clashes.
I was told the almond trees have blossomed in the valleys so very soon the almond trees in Jerusalem will also blossom. Then the heat of summer will overcome us. And the thought of going to spend some weeks at our Jaffa house will enter my head ... and the other side would say No, there're infections over there. Yesterday the superior of Jaffa told me to go spend time there, which I'd love but 3 of the community are infected. I don't want to take the risk.
 |
| Selling bread |
Well despite the warm daytime weather, the nights continue to be very chilling ... 4 degrees or lower. The MC sisters in Bethlehem asked for hot water bottles to keep their sick and elderly inmates warm during the night. Bethlehem is higher in altitude than Jerusalem so it's alot colder there. I think hot water bottles are a rarity these days as I couldn't find any shop selling it. People use electric heaters nowadays. Luckily one pharmacy sold it so I bought up the whole stock ... only 4. Hope it helps anyway.
Tomorrow will be midweek and also mid-month. Time flies. Soon it'll be Lent and Easter again. It's Yuan Xiao or Chap Go Meh which is the 15th and last day of the New Year celebrations. Let's hope the rest of the year of the tiger will go smoothly.