| Narcissus for sale |
Last night was a hectic night. I accompanied a student who was on his way to Spain. At midnight. In the cold. We walked 1km out to the American Colony Hotel to wait for the minivan-taxi to bring him to the airport. Then I walked home alone ... which was at 1.30am. I hardly slept as at 4am I had to prepare to go to the Sisters of Ivrea for Mass. Though they live 1km away northwards in an outlying village, I need at least half an hour to walk there because of my asthma. It's always a pleasant walk even in winter, passing through the Rockefeller Park ... but my breathing has become so laboured I almost faint along the way. Maybe its a sign to say I have to retire and go live in the infirmary. My whole body is breaking down.
After Mass I came home to pack my stuff and go to work 1km away westwards and uphill. This takes me over 40 minutes to reach as I barely shuffle to work. I've been thinking lately that almost all the past 30 years I've not had one day of good health, one day without pain. It can be quite depressing.