Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Rain?

Ivrea convent chapel
Yesterday was amazingly warm ... 17 degrees. And like I always say, when it warms up so will the violence. Syria last night whether purposely or mistakenly, fired a missile into Israel. And Israel retaliated by bombing Syria's military sites. Right now fighter jets are flying overhead. No idea why.

There was a demonstration in front of a burger shop yesterday at Jaffa Street but I didn't understand what it was all about. And in the Old City there was an increase of police ... I guess they were expecting trouble though I'm not sure why. Lots of stop-and-search of young arab men and women. In fact the son of our doorman was arrested 2 night ago after he resisted being searched.

5.30am street
It's my turn to celebrate Mass at the Ivrea convent this week. Because of my difficulty in breathing, it takes me 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes to walk the 1km to the convent. It was difficult for me the last 2 days, but today was especially difficult. I almost fainted 3 times along the way because I could not breathe. The streets are very quiet at 5.30am when I start to walk out. The muslims are in the mosque praying so no one is about. It's cold too. I didn't think I'd make it to the convent this morning. All I could think about was if I collapsed in the street now ... When I reached the convent, Sr. Teresia quickly helped me to a seat in the sacristy. We had to start the Mass 5 mins late so I could recover. I really felt very very sick.

But by 10am I was back to normal. It happens everyday .... when the sun is up I feel so much better. Maybe there's a night devil torturing me and goes away only when the sun is up. Every night.

Anyway the forecast is rain now ... but it's not. The sky is a little cloudy but still sunny. Temp has dropped to 13 degrees. But no sign of rain.