Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Stromata

 Yesterday's number of viewers was 65 ... which is still high but alot more realistic. Scary.

Dinner at Jack's home
I've been feeling very sick these 2 days. Chest pains, bloated tummy, nausea and bad asthma. Extremely dizzy. I don't know what's  happening ... I should see the doc I guess but it's up in Sheikh Jarrah ... the center and origin of all the clashes. The police have closed the roads around that neighbourhood so I don't think I can get to the clinic of my medical insurance.

The rockets have stopped for 3 days now ... but the clashes continue. For 2 mornings now, muslims have been protesting at jews who enter the Al Aqsa compound under heavy police security. While I advocate all holy places to be open to everyone, I can understand that the Al Aqsa is for the arabs their last bastion of sovereignty and symbol of national identity. It's a sensitive point. Anyway here's an interesting article from Unicef regarding the war with Gaza.  https://www.unicef.org/stories/children-bear-brunt-violence-gaza?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic-en&utm_content=girl-destroyed-buildings&utm_campaign=gaza&fbclid=IwAR1dgAf9OQ-gsuTKgpSBzOMvyi09hQGdkLOxfEamoF2WI4BDEUas91kBXHE

Water canon at Palm Plaza
Several families have been asking for help to pay for their children's school fees ... due to the lockdown and lost of jobs, many could not pay last year's fees. I've been busy with our sponsorship department for past few days clarifying the situation, asking schools to give discounts. It's a tough job following up on each case. But thanks to your generosity, we've been able to help in some way or other these children. Thanks.