Thursday, May 20, 2021

Return of the dove

Dove nesting
over the mosaic
So the total number of viewers yesterday hit 640 .... big time stalking. My phone number stolen, my social media hacked ... 

A very hot day today, and the clashes continue with more bombings and skirmishes. Tomorrow is Friday and I think City Gates will be closed, maybe even the border checkpoints. I still have to go to work as I have no workers ... so I'm hoping there'll be no street closures inside the Old City and no violence in our streets.

Every year a dove will come and nest on the upper frame of the Annunciation mosaic in our courtyard. It's a lovely sight though the dove is messy. We try to leave it there till the babies fly away then we clean the frame and mosaic. It's always lovely to watch the doves grow up. However the doves are terrible nest-builders. Their nests are nothing more than a couple of sticks loosely put together and falls apart when a strong wind blows. Such a fragile structure reminds me of our present situation in the country ... we're not sure which way things will fall.

I called the MC sisters in Gaza and they asked for your prayers. It's tough in there. We can't send in help ... just pray. Maybe our little dove is a harbinger of good news.