Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Heatwave

Roadblock in Old City
So yesterday there were 646 viewers to my blog ... another weird, shady happening, like I'm being under scrutiny. The usual viewership is between 20 - 40. So this spike usually means I'm getting hacked in the next couple of days. Watch this space!

Violence is spiking also as tit-for-tat attacks continue. The search for terrorists who fatally shot 3 israelis waiting for a bus led to a night raid in an arab village. There were retaliations to the raid, and counter-retaliation. I doubt it'll end soon ... it's a summer of great discontent. There's also a rise of police patrols in public areas. Last Sunday I saw an attack dog (Belgian shepherd) and a bomb-sniffer (labrador) with 3 policemen at Ben Yehuda Mall. For some, it's a reassuring sign. For others it's scary ... could there be a terrorist attack here?

Police dogs on
patrol
The cavea at Damascus Gate today has even more stalls then yesterday ... a sure guarantee that there'll be no space for demonstrators to gather and cause trouble. I walked past the stalls this evening ... the hawkers were all gethered in a corner breaking their fast and having a good meal after a day's fast. I wanted to buy fruit but no one was selling anything as it was the iftar (break-fast) meal. I guess I'll have to buy it tomorrow.

The roadblocks inside the Old City streets have been removed. The police set up numerous roadblocks in the streets around the Holy Sepulchre because of the Orthodox Easter. It was very inconvenient. Crowds arguing with police that they must pass through because of business or that they live in there. I don't bother arguing. If I can;t get to where I want to, I go back home. The heatwave is bad enough, I don't need to get emotionally heated up as well in an argument.

Yes the heatwave is hitting us again. I'm getting headaches either because of the heat or lack of water.