Friday, December 7, 2018

Another rainy day

Wet quiet street in the New City
I just found out that the sun sets at 4.34pm .... and rises tomorrow at 6.27am. A bit of useless information ... but interesting for me as I never knew that. I usually go by the call to prayer of the muslim imam at Al Aqsa Mosque. The minaret is directly opposite my windows I cannot but be aware of it. It's so strange that only a few months ago in summer the first call to prayer was at 2.45am and in a span of 5 months it's now at 4.30am. It's almost a 2 hr difference in 5 months.

Anyway it is still raining since yesterday. That's wonderful because we need the rain. Tel Aviv and the coastal cities were inundated .... saw the videos of streets underwater; the river Yarkon overflowed into the highway and train tracks. Jerusalem however has only heavy drizzle ... but that's better than nothing. It's the cold that's getting to us ... 8 degrees at noontime. Well it's winter so we should expect it. I wonder if there'll be the Way of the Cross this afternoon ... I guess there will be.

Jaffa street is cold and wet
Tomorrow is the feast of the Immaculate Conception. I have 2 Masses to celebrate ... one at 5am on Calvary and another at 5.30am inside the Empty Tomb. It'll be quite a rush from one to the other ... but then who can say he celebrated Mass on Calvary and then down inside the Tomb all in one hour?

Well I was out in the rain to buy flowers for our chapel. Our sisters are too busy to go and buy. Poor things hardly have time to rest. I hope they can take a week off to rest and let us do the chores instead. They deserve a nice relaxed Christmas.