Tuesday, November 13, 2018

No war

Sunset at Tsahal Square
The barrage of missiles fired from Gaza into Israel continue today. A total of 400 missiles had been fired, one israeli died and several injured. Israel sent more weapons and manpower to the border. Everyone is waiting for a war ... while the Israeli cabinet met to discuss the matter. Now surprisingly we receive news that the cabinet will soon declare a ceasefire. Well it's not the first time a ceasefire has been agreed and broken .... we'll have to see what happens in the next 24 hours. Israelis living in the border cities of Ashkelon, Ashdod etc... that have been bombed are not at all happy with a ceasefire. They want retribution.

Our wall of blooming plunbargo
I've been feeling very sick today. Many of our guys in the house are coughing with fever. Today at noon I began to have a high fever, joint pains, nausea and dizziness. I came home still feeling sick but couldn't rest or sleep. The whole body aches. I sure hope I'm not catching the virus. It's horrible. The weather is partly to blame I guess. It's humid and cold. But it seems good for the plants ... the roses and other flowers are blooming suddenly.

The school has added another class for me on Tuesdays ... teaching english to the seminarians from our Philosophate (house for philosophy students). And tomorrow the Salesian University asked me to go substitute a prof. who can't make it for class. It'll be a busy day tomorrow ... hope I'll get well by then.