Friday, November 23, 2018

Heavy rain at last

Rain
The last 2 days have been so hectic I had no time to update my blog. Like every Thursday for the past 3 months, I had to go back to the doctor's for my checkup. I have to start walking out of my house at 4.30am and arrive at our Jaffa house by 6am for Mass. That way I avoid the dreadful traffic jam that starts at 7am and can lasts for an hour. Then it's off to Tel Aviv to see the doc and this lasts till 11.30am. Then it's journey back to Jerusalem and 1km walk so I reach home at about 1,30pm. Immediately back home, I start class till 4.15pm. Then it's a mad rush down to the MC convent where I have the weekly confessions, eucharistic adoration and bible conference. This lasts till 7pm. So all in all I'm running about 16 hours. When I reach home I fall straight to sleep.

Rain
Rain was forecast for the last 2 days but Wednesday saw only cloudy days and cold humid winds. Yesterday rain fell in the coastal cities and plain but up in the mountains like Jerusalem there's been nothing ... not even a drizzle. But this morning the rains fell. By local standards it was heavy ... by your standards it was just a normal shower. I had to rush off to Ben Yehuda Mall to buy flowers for the feast of Christ the King. Our sisters have no time as our chapels are fully booked with masses and the sisters have to prepare the altars every hour. It was raining so I got very wet. And running on the slippery stone pavements is hazardous. But I had class at 10.30am so I had to make the 2 km journey as quickly as I could. In the afternoon I'll arrange the flowers. But all I can think about is to sleep now ... it's so rare to have rain and to sleep with the rain beating down .... it's like back home again.

I've lost track with what's happening nationally because of my busy schedule these 2 days. Suffice to say there's been no war in the south and north ... as far as I know so things aren't that bad.