 |
Heavy rain clouds
darken the sky |
It rained this afternoon .... not heavily but hard enough to keep most people indoors and shops closed. And it's cold as well. It's 12 degrees now at 4pm and tonight it'll get even lower. The rain clouds are so heavy it darkened the sky and it looks like 9pm already. The Way of the Cross went ahead but few people showed up in the rain. At least the rain helped to lighten the tension because though being Friday, less muslims are coming into the City due to the rain ... and similarly less Jews going to the Wailing Wall. The next days will be cloudy but rainless till Friday when rain is expected again. This is good news for us. Hopefully regular rain like this will move us out of the drought situation.
Election ahead. That's the news flashing right now. Rightwing hardline coalition leader wanted the Defense portfolio but other ultra-orthodox coalition members refuse to accept him obviously because he's not in favour of privileges granted to the ultra-orthodox especially regarding exception from military service. It'll be interesting to see how the snap election ends.
 |
| Veggie curry and rice |
Our Bro. Leo is so kind. He cooked rice and curry for me today, knowing that I was ill for a few days. Being Friday, he cooked potatoes and lentils (!!!!!!) but I enjoyed it. It's nice to eat hot food on a cold rainy day like today. There's enough for dinner as well so I really appreciate his kindness. He has this plastic rice cooker that you put in the microwave and in 10 minutes the rice is cooked. That's really neat!!! First time I ever saw that. I have a craving for curries lately and our indian sisters and Leo always leave me something when they cook. Very grateful to them.
Though the doc has ordered 3 days of rest, I worked a little in the morning in the library and then stayed in my room ... to clean it. My superior is not at all happy and has threatened to report me to the Custos to order me to rest. Well I just can't do nothing. It was rather big cleanup ... I'm preparing for Advent and the Christmas wreath. That's exciting and so I was pumped up to do major cleaning. It has tired me our though. I'll have to sleep early ... after taking my painkillers.
One great news ... Israel has come up with an oral insulin pill for diabetes. No more injections. That's a turning point in medical history.
And another first ... the govt. has appointed the first christian arab ambassador. And he will be sent to Azerbaijan ... a muslim country. I guess it's a lot safer than sending a jewish ambassador to a muslim country.