Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Scarified

Lights around Herod's Gate
I barely slept 3 hours last night as the noise from the streets were unbearably loud .... kids screaming and crying, adults talking at the top of their voices, motorbikes roaring up and down the street. Next year I'm moving out when Ramadan comes around. Well there is the good side of Ramadan .... great food on sale, lots of different desserts, festive lights .... but when it carries on till 3am then it becomes a nightmare.

One man's feast is another man's nightmare.

Exams continued today. Lots of our students were nervous. In the govt schools, secondary and tertiary students are also having their exams. Lots of stress ... but in 2 weeks all will be over and summer holidays begin. The students would have forgotten about exams for the next 3 months. Well I for one am for stricter exams and more rigorous teaching of english. Yesterday an online newspaper actually used the word "scarified". Honestly????? Scarified??????? don't you mean "scared" or "frightened"????  http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4975170,00.html

Lots of fruit sold late in the night
Well BBC is now reporting the great fire in London and the reporter actually said "the causation of the fire". What???? Isn't it "cause of the fire?" Even BBC english is going down the drain. Bring back the English exams during job interviews.

The heat is quite bad these few days and I feel sick just thinking about going out to work. This morning I thought I was going to faint while climbing up the hill to work. And imagine doing that walk after only 3 hours of sleep. Well as you can see from today's blog ... the world's problems can take a backseat while I deal with my own problems. First thing is sleep .... Tomorrow is Corpus Christi and I intended to go to our Jaffa monastery to sleep and rest. Fat Chance. We have a meeting in the afternoon so during the morning I must prepare the agenda. There goes another holiday ... another day to rest.