 |
| Lots of uneaten bread wasted |
Tonight is Laylat el Qader (Night of Destiny) ... muslims believe the Koran was revealed to Mohammed on this night, and that the heavens open this night and God hears all prayers, forgives sins and write the names of those deserving heaven. Hence the crowds will be overwhelming (relative term as a quarter of a million Palestinians are no longer allowed to enter Jerusalem) and they will be praying in the Al Aqsa all night. For sure none of us will get any sleep. And the military presence is very strong as they want to avoid any further riots and attacks like last week. I need to go to work this evening ... lots of workload undone ... but the thought of facing the crowds and the crush at Damascus Gate and the possible impossibility of getting home ... I think I'll stay home and study instead.
But I did go to work in the late morning. And on my way home I saw lots of uneaten bread thrown by the parking lot ... it upset me very much when I thought of all the hungry refugees in Syria and Iraq, and what the MC sisters are trying to do to feed them.
 |
| Where I get my dinner |
I feeling better today after the last 2 days' discomfort. I think it's partly caused by exhaustion of work, the hot weather and total stress. Today was much better though the stress of running 3 kms between 2 banks to solve the taxation declarations have worn me out. Because of my feeling ill, I had no eaten during the day o avoid vomiting but by evening after work at 10pm, I get very hungry. The only reasonably priced shop is Arab Fried Chicken. For 50 shekels, I get a decent meal and can go to sleep without feeling hungry. Well tonight I'm not going to work and I won't be eating AFC .... I think I'll have to resort to instant noodles ... but that will make be suffer from severe diarrhoea as I've developed an intolerance to it. But better than the hunger pangs. Imagine what the Syrian refugees must feel. How grateful we ought to be for what we have. If tonight is the Night of Destiny, then God should surely deal justice to those who cause all the suffering in our region.