Yesterday's newspapers and TV showed some distressing videos of nurses abusing ole people in a geriatric home in the north of Israel. It's a very large and well financed institute with modern equipment .... but instruments do not determine the quality of care the aged receive. The elderly residents were beaten, punched, thrown around, tied to wheelchairs at 2am to prepare for breakfast so the staff could go home early. The video is distressing
http://www.mako.co.il/news-israel/local-q1_2017/Article-adab832d0925a51004.htm?sCh=31750a2610f26110&pId=948912327
On the international level, the Trump bumbling act is the joke of town. But it's a bitter dark joke as consequences affect real people and International relationships.
 |
| Our museum's audio-visual room |
I survived the morning so far ... managed a 3 hour sleep before starting class at 4am. The cold was unbearable and I had an asthma attack. Was feeling so tired I managed a half hour snooze after class before starting to prepare the laundry and starting work in the library at 7am. Now it's 11am and I'm at work in the other library. Another class will start at 3pm but I have to start getting there by 2.15pm as it's uphill 1km away and I can't talk well with pain in my ankles and knees. And of course there's always the asthma that comes and goes.
Our museum's audio-visual room has been opened for almost a year now. It's situated in the archeological "park" where lots of Roman period things have been found, including the :ithostrotos stone-pavement, ancient staircase leading to the Struthion Pool, stone missiles, engraved architraves etc... Very interesting place. Make sure you stop by for a visit.
February is ending and Ash Wednesday is next week. Lots of preparation to make ... spiritually.