![]() |
| Cold and drizzling |
Tensions continue in and around the Old City as heavy police presence enforce stop-and-search on male and female arabs. I found it very distasteful when I came home from the doctor's this morning, passing by the 3rd Station. There were 3 groups stopping there praying the 3rd Station of the Cross and right in their midst were 2 soldiers searching an arab, who was spared eagle against the wall. It wasn't right, it wasn't nice. They could have moved him to a side street.
![]() |
| Trees in winter |
Well on my way to work this morning I passed by the park between Damascus Gate and New Gate. Do that several times a day. But today I noticed that some trees are completely bare because of winter while others are luscious green and even spouting new branches and leaves. It got me thinking about how we too are like the trees: when faced with a situation we react differently. Some just drop all their leaves and wait for winter to pass before sprouting new life. Others take advantage of the rain and cold to sprout. Such diversity in reactions in order to survive. Conformity would spell death for many.

