![]() |
| Jewish men returning home from the Wailing Wall today |
Last night at about 1.30am arab youths were causing trouble in Bab Hutta neighbourhood. Wasn't sure what it was all about. But it ended soon after. Police presence however was massive in our area which surrounds the Al Aqsa mosque. Today was very calm ... no violence. Life in east Jerusalem continued as usual while the western side closed down for the jewish feast. Sukkoth (Feast of Tabernacles) is the feast to watch ... while very colourful, it usual attracts violence because some jews will try to tear down the AL aqua mosque and rebuild the jewish Temple, a requisite for the coming of the messiah who is expected to appear during Sukkoth. Last year I stayed in Jaffa to avoid the riots (which didn't take place).
My fainting spells have reduced today. Possibly because I slept a little more than usual last night. I was too ill yesterday and rested earlier, which meant a few more hours of sleep. But just after midnight my shoulder was excruciatingly painful. Kept me awake till 5am when I tried to sleep again. This morning I went to the doc for my flu vaccination which the doc insisted because I'm too weak and susceptible to illness. It's InfluVac 2016 vaccine ... so I hope it'll be effective so I won't get sick this beginning of winter. However after the shot, I've been getting pretty tired and weak ... a side-effect, and due to Yom Kippur (the fear that the police will close off the Muslim Quarter), I decided not to go to work. Tomorrow will be better.
