 |
| Splashing sunset yesterday |
The past couple of days was sunny and warm. People were out in the streets, street hawkers were out, dogs were being walked in the park ... it was like a normal day at last. Until we saw the dreadful news clip of ISIS people smashing 3000 yr old statues. It was abominable. All our students (and they study archaeology) were shocked. Utterly unbelievable that people would smash up what their ancestors created.
Meantime Lent is underway. The Lenten rigors are in place. We fast on Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday 11.40pm starts Vigils at the Holy Sepulchre ... matins is sung till about 12.30am then a candle-light procession takes place around the Empty Tomb. Masses then follow up on Mt. Calvary till 4am. Every Wednesday a pilgrimage and mass is made on one of the Passion churches (Dominus Flevit, Gethsemani, Condemnation, Flagellation) when the Passion of John's Gospel is sung in 4 parts.
 |
| Indigo anemones are blooming |
Healthwise I finished my course of Prednesone ... which I dislike. Now my fingers are swollen, nauseous and depressed ... the usual side-effects and withdrawal syndrome. 15 days of the cortisone didn't do much .. I still am wheezing and my chest still hurts. I'm afraid even Prednesone doesn't work anymore for me. Don't know if there's another medicine that I can take. Miserable.
On a happy note, my flowers are finally blooming after 2 snowstorms. Anemones of different colours are out, freesias are also opening and the first ranunculus (orange) is amazing.