Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Prednesone cure

The bronchitis, asthma and fever has reached a stage where I cannot bear it anymore. Can't walk 2 steps without wheezing and suffocating. Feeling faint all the time due to the lack of oxygen ... or some say too much oxygen / hyperventilated due to rapid breathing. Whatever. I decided to put myself on a course of prednesone ... which I hate. Will start with 25 mg for 2 days, cutting 5mg every 2 days. Hope the weaning off will not be traumatic. But if it stops the asthma ... it's worth the while. I'm crippled by this disease.

Home-made kubbeh with
yoghurt for lunch
That doesn't mean I'm on sick leave. I still went to work yesterday morning but by noon I practically collapsed. My jewish security friends were all insisting that I stop work and go to my room to sleep. It's nice that they care. No one else does. And Yogev was back ... haven't seen him in a month when he was serving reservist time in the Syrian Golan. The old gang is practically gone ... only a couple of "intermediate" guys and all the rest are new. And because I have jews as friends, some arabs are not happy with me. Last evening they threw stones and a bottle at me. That's life with the arabs. Never a dull moment.

Meantime a national catastrophe was "discovered" in the southern Negev desert: millions of liters of crude oil have spilled into a nature reserve. Everything in its way has died ... plants and animals. It'll take decades to repair the damage.